Holi 2020 – Holika Dehan Muhurat, Holika 2020 Puja Vidhi
Holi has its unique charm because it being a festival of colors aims at uniting people in a single thread of love and belongingness. It is one of the major festivals of India and is celebrated with enthusiasm. Holi falls on the full moon day in the Month of Spring.
One of the most important rituals of Holi is Holika Dehan. It takes place on the evening before the Holi.
Holika Dehan Muhurat 2020
In 2020, Holika Dehan will take place on March 9 2020. You can see the Muhurtas in your region from the list below. If you don’t find your location, you can write to us.
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for New Delhi 2020: 06:26 pm till 8:52pm.
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Mumbai, Maharashtra : 6:47pm till 9:11pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Bengaluru , Karnataka , India : 6:30 pm to 8:54 pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Chennai, Tamil Nadu : 6:19 pm to 8:43pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Hyderabad, Telangana : 06:25pm to 08:49pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Kolkata, West Bengal: 5:43pm to 08:09pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Ahmedabad, Gujarat: 06:46pm: 09:12pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Pune, Maharashtra: 06:43 to 09:08pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Jaipur, Rajasthan : 06:32pm to 08:38pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Lucknow, UP : 06:12 pm to 08:38 pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Bihar , India : 05:55 pm to 8:21 pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Kolkata , West Bengal : 05:43pm to08:09pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Agra, Uttar Pradesh : 06:23pm to 08:49 pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Chandigarh , India: 06:27 pm to 08:53 pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh: 06:27pm to 08:52pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Amritsar, Punjab : 06:34pm to 09:01 pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Shimla, Himachal Pradesh : 06:25pm to 08:52pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Ludhiana, Punjab : 06:31pm to 08:57pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Gwalior, MP : 06:23pm to 08:49pm
- Holika Dehan 2020 Timings for Mathura, UP : 06:25pm to 08:21pm
Who Was Holika?
Holika was Demoness in Hindu Vedic Scriptures, who was burnt to death with the help of Lord Vishnu. The Holika Dehan symbolizes the victory of good over evil. In the beginning, Holika was protective as she was created to ward off all fears. She was the symbol of power, prosperity and wealth and bestows that to her worshippers. During a particular attempt on Prahlad’s life, King Hiranyakashyap called upon his sister Holika for help. As per the Hindu Belief, she was blessed by a boon which made her immune to Fire.
Significance of Holika Dehan
Holi is a colorful festival and has many events associated with it. One of them is the story of the demon king Hiranyakshyap and his son Prahlad. There used to live this demon king Hiranyakshyap who considered himself a God. Prahlad was an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu. Hiranyakashyap asked his sister, Holika to enter the blazing fire with his son on her lap. Vishnu Took the Narasimha Avatar and saved Prahlad from the fumes of Fire while Holika paid the price of her sins. Holika was burnt to death and Hiranyakashyap met his destiny at the hands of Vishnu who came in the form of Narasimha Avatar.
Importance of Holika Dehan
Choti Holi also known as Holika Dehan or Holika Deepak is celebrated by burning Holika Pyre a night before Holi. The fire burnt on the eve of Holi signifies the victory of good over evil, happiness over grief and the end of winters. The festival falls on the night prior to the full moon day of the Phalguna Month, February according to Gregorian calendar. The pyre is lit after the sunset and people celebrate and dance around the around the fire.
Holika Puja Vidhi
Holika Dehan preparations begin 40 days prior to the festival. A log of wood is kept at a prominent place on the day of Vasant Panchmi. The Effigy of Prahlad and Holika is placed on the huge heap of woods. The effigy of Holika is made of combustible material and that of Prahlad is made of non-combustible material. On the eve of Holika Dehan, the heap is set alight and the people chant Rakshogana Mantra for casting away the evil spirits. The ashes are collected the next morning. The ashes are considered as holy and smeared all over the body as a divine Prasad. This is considered as an act of Purification.
Importance of Holi puja for married women
The whole process is considered as auspicious for married women as it ensures healthy life of their husbands. Holi puja is performed according to different ritual in different communities. The Marwari women conduct Holi puja in afternoon prior to setting fire to “Holika”. This is called “Thandi Holi”
Holika Dehan 2020 Mantras
‘मम सकुटुम्बस्य ढुण्ढा राक्षसीप्रीत्यर्थे तत्पीड़ापरिहारार्थम् होलिका पूजनं च अहं करिष्ये।”
-‘असृक्याभयसंत्रस्त्रैः कृत्वा त्वं होलिवालिशैः। तस्त्वां पूजयिष्यामि भूते भूतिप्रदाभव।।’
Contact us for Astrology Consultation