It is also known as Vasant Panchami. Vasant means “Spring” and Panchami neams “ the fifth day”. Vasant falls on the fifth day of the spring. Vasant Panchami is celebrated every year on the fifth day of the Hindu luni-solar calendar month of Magha, which falls in late January or February. It is seen as the start of the spring, though it is generally winter-like in northern India, and more spring in central India. This auspicious pooja is particularly observed in India and Nepal, it’s also been a historical tradition of Sikhs as well. Goddess Saraswati is considered as a deity of wisdom and knowledge and she is worshiped on this day. On vasant panchami, women wear yellow clothes to celebrate this auspicious occasion.
Goddess Saraswati is a symbol of personification of wisdom, beauty, creativity and knowledge. Maa Sarsawati is a major part of Tri-Shakti and is considered as one of the most auspicious feminine power of Brahma dressed in white. She is the highest form of reality, enlightenment and artistic skill. It is also believed that worshipping her could bring knowledge and wisdom in the life of the person. She is vital part of the nine forms of Lord Durga.
Benefits of Puja
This pooja carries great significance. Anyone and everyone should perform this puja. However, this puja is very special and those who perform this get immense benefits. It is also an auspicious pooja for those who want to make a career in music, dance, creative writing and more. This puja is very good for enhancing wisdom, intelligence and memory.
Other remarkable benefits of this Puja are:
- This puja helps to get peaceful and powerful mind.
- This puja increases the creativity and intellectuality of the devotees.
- This puja helps to gain high merit and knowledge in art.
- This puja helps one to achieve mastery over the skills.
- This puja increases the learning capacity of the students.
- This puja helps to get name and fame in the field of art.
With this puja, Saraswati helps one to get enlightenment and happiness in life. This puja is especially very beneficial for the students. This puja is very auspicious and gives power and clarity to the minds of the student preparing for the competitive examination. Other than this, once you perform this puja, you will get strength to combat all hurdles of your life.
Saraswati Puja Vidhi
- First install cleaned idol of Goddess Saraswati on a wooden platform.
- Bring Goddess Saraswati wrapped in red or yellow dress.
- Keep your account book, bill book, pen, pencil and place them in front of Goddess Saraswati.
- Light up the lamp with ghee and incense stick.
- Fold your hands and eyes and perform puja. Remember Goddess Sarasawti.
- Put a Tika made of sandalwood on the fore head of Goddess Saraswati.