Things To Do On Shani Jayanti
What to do on Shani Amavasya
Shani Amavasya is also known as Shani Jayanti. It is the birthday of Lord Shani ( Saturn ) according to Hindu mythology. We know that Lord Shani needs no introduction and he is the most misunderstood deity as people fear him because he is known as being judge and strict when it comes to giving you the fruits of your past life Karma may be good or bad.
Saturn – Your Karmic Imprint
Lord Shani is also known as the Lord of Karma. The harsh reality is that we are born to pay off our good and bad karmic deeds. It is that time when Shani ( Saturn ) come to rescue and shape us with our good and bad karma. The impact of Saturn is very effective and we have to pay our bad karma.
Things to do on Lord Shani’s birthday
1) Worship the Sun God and enchant “Aum Suraya Namah” 108 times or Sri Aditya Hrudayam Namah.
2) Chant Shani mantra – “Aum Sham Shanescharya Namaha” till 108 times.
3) Offer Abhishek to shivlinga, if you have the one at your home.
4) Donate to those who are poor and less lucky ones.
5) Try to practice meditation.
6) Give respect to your elders.
7) Fast from sunrise to sunset.
8) Be righteous in your deeds and truth in your saying.
9) Visit Shani temple or perform Shani Puja at home.
10) Be sattvik on the day of Shani Jayanti.