Crystals are of various types but the most commonly crystals that are found for decorating the houses and making jewelry are as follows:
1) Point – Many crystals have points, some have large and some have small points. Points may be natural or artificially shaped. A single crystal point has definite faceted, pointed end and the other end tends to look ragged.
2) Double Termination – Double-terminated crystal have definite points at both ends. Some are natural and other artificially shaped. A double termination radiates or absorbs energy at both ends simultaneously, channeling it in two directions at once. It is a stone of balance, a double terminates integrates spirit and matter and can provide a bridge between two energy points.
3) Cluster – A cluster has many points bedded, but not necessarily fixed, into a base. The crystal may be small or large. Clusters radiate energy out to the surrounding environment and can also absorb detrimental energy. They are especially useful for cleansing a room or other crystals.
4) Geode – A geode is contained within an outer form. When it is opened, it is hollow with many crystals pointing inward. Geodes hold and amplify energy within them. Due to their rounded cave like shape and numerous terminations, they diffuse the amplified energy, softening the energy but not neutralizing it.
5) Phantom – A phantom crystal focuses energy in a straight line. It is often mimicked in purpose-made crystal. It is used extensively in healing or ritual work. It appears as ghost like within the body of a larger crystal.
6) Ball – Balls are usually shaped from a larger piece of crystal and may well have planes or flaws within them. They emit energy in all directions equally. Used as a window to the past or future.
7) Square – A square crystal consolidates energy within its form. It is useful for anchoring intention and for anchoring intention.
8) Pyramid – A pyramid-shaped crystal has four sides on a bade, but the base itself may be squared off if the crystal is natural rather than artificially shaped. Naturally occurring pyramid-shaped crystals, such as Apophyllite, amplify and then tightly focus energy through the apex.
9) Egg – Egg-shaped crystals confine and shape energy and can be used to detect and rebalance blockages in the body. The more pointed end is a useful reflexology. They make excellent “hand comforters”.
10) Amorphous – Amorphous crystals, such as Obsidian, have no particular shape. Energy flows rapidly through an amorphous crystal as it has no rigid internal organization. They are strong-acting and instant in their effect.