What Is a Jyotish Gemstone
What is a Jyotish gemstone? This question makes us confused. A Jyotish Gemstone is a gemstone which is recommended on the basis of sacred astrological planets and the principles following those planets. But we have to know that not all gemstone is a Jyotish gemstone. A Gemstone is a Jyotish gemstone when it excels in all 4C’s the cut, color, clarity and carat weight of the gem with exceptional crystal is extremely important for a gem to be Jyotish. Only a gem which is untreated with above qualities comes under the Jyotish quality gemstone.
To understand what Jyotish Gemstones are, we must try to know what actually a Jyotish gemstone is as understood in astrology. The word JYOTISH is derived from two words JYOT means light and ISH, means God, together they mean, light of God and we can say that Jyotish is the science of light.
Everything in this Universe is composed of cosmic rays. These rays are visible through prism as the 7 basic colors of VIBGYOR. Gem therapy uses and complement this cosmic rays which represent different planetary energies to get the positive result and to derive the maximum benefits of the same.
The five Basic Characteristics of a Jyotish Gemstone:
- A jyotish gemstone is generally natural and the gem should not have undergone any treatment to enhance its color or the clarity too. Any other treatment can destroy the Jyotish characteristics of the same and it may not be useful for the Jyotish purpose.
- A Jyotish gemstone has fine color and all gems come with different shades and different colours. It also depends on the origin of the color. Emerald should have a vivid green color and the purity and the original color with slight hues are the colors of the best gems.
- Jyotish gemstone has clarity and actually as mentioned earlier, Jyotish or Science of light works with the cosmic rays and for the cosmic ray, clarity is utmost important. Natural fine inclusions can do but a lab created gemstone may be extremely transparent so it essential to get the exact resemblance of jyotish quality gemstone.
- A Jyotish gemstone has an excellent cut and the cut should be such that it allows the maximum play of light and the maximum absorption of cosmic rays. The shape of the gem is not important as the precision cut of the gem.
- The weight of the Jyotish gemstone should be appropriate. It shouldn’t be so low and shouldn’t be so high. The appropriate weight for the natural blue sapphire should be 3 to 4 carats.
The gem with all the above quality is the best Jyotish gemstone and it is utmost important to choose the gemstone which is of jyotish quality. While choosing gemstone anybody can get attracted to the sparkle and the lustre of the gemstone but it is important that the gem that satisfies the above 5 characteristics should be worn as a Jyotish quality gemstone.